These Dual Degrees provide the student with advanced study in biblical psychology, in-depth knowledge of the scripture & selected psychotherapies.
When you enroll in the hybrid dual degree program you will graduate with two degrees – Masters in Practical Ministry and Doctor of Philosophy in Christian Counseling.
The Masters of Arts in Practical Ministry equips students for teaching ministries in churches, Bible institutes and other ministry settings. This graduate program offers several concentrations, each with a unique curriculum.
The PhD in Christian Counseling is designed for counselors, pastors, and educators who are seeking advanced knowledge and practical competence in Christian counseling. The student will critically interact with contemporary developments in Christian counseling and selected psychotherapies.
Careers include Pastoral Ministry, Church Management, Youth Ministry, Private Practice, Teachers in Schools, Hospital, Non-profit service, Church, Behavior healthcare organizations.
What Will You Learn?
- Understand congregational growth and development.
- Skills and knowledge needed to effectively serve in parishes, dioceses or other ministerial settings.
- Prepares students to increase competence and understanding in the Word of God by utilizing basic methods of biblical interpretation.
- Understand old and new testament backgrounds.
- Understand Pastoral counseling
- Church History & Renewal
- Methodical study of Scripture
- Preaching that connects with the congregation.
- Enable students to integrate biblical and theological understanding with practical ministry strategies.
- Counseling ethics and disorders.
- Integrate basic psychological theories with the scriptures
- Advanced knowledge and skills to become an effective Christian Counselor.
- Psychological Learning processes.
- Understand Christian counseling and family therapy.
- Development of the student's personal life and ministry.
- Empower students for Christian counseling in the local church, private practice or mental health institution.
Hybrid Dual Degrees Curriculum
Track One – M.Sc. in Practical Ministry
BIBL 516 Advanced Homiletics Course & Examination
BIBL 518 Advanced Hermeneutics Course & Examination
CBUS 543 Advanced Business Course & Examination
BIBM 541 Congregational Growth & Development Course & Exam
BIBM 545 Preaching that Connects Course & Examination
BIBM 548 Pastoral Counseling Course & Examination
Track Two – PhD in Christian Counseling
BIBL 631 Principles of Biblical Interpretation Course & Examination
BIBM 613 Christ & Culture: Eternity & Time Course & Examination
PSYC 619 Psychology: Learning Process Course & Examination
COUS 657 Counseling Ethics & Disorders Course & Examination
COUS 658 Principles of Counseling Course & Examination
Track Three – PhD in Christian Counseling
CBUS 612 Business Models: Networking/Innovating/Globalizing
LEAD 627 Leadership & Reconciliation Course & Examination
COUS 659 Advanced Counseling Course & Examination
PSYC 643 Psychology: Intelligence & Language Course & Examination