Scholars in this Advanced Degree program are prepared with knowledge in the history and context of the bible for assessing the beliefs & actions of Christians.
The PhD in Practical Ministry equips students for teaching ministries in churches, seminaries, Bible institutes and other ministry settings. This graduate program offers several concentrations, each with a unique curriculum.
Careers include Pastoral Ministry, Church Management, Youth Ministry.
What Will You Learn?
- Theological Design for Transformative Ministry.
- Skills and knowledge needed to effectively serve in parishes, dioceses or other ministerial settings.
- Prepares students to increase competence and understanding in the Word of God by utilizing basic methods of biblical interpretation.
- Understand Church doctrine
- Practical methods on Bible lesson preparation.
- Enable students to integrate biblical and theological understanding with practical ministry strategies.
Practical Ministry Curriculum
BIBL 631 Principles of Biblical Interpretation Course & Examination
BIBM 613 Christ & Culture: Eternity & Time Course & Examination
PSYC 619 Psychology: Learning Process Course & Examination
BIBL 637 Practical Methods: Bible Lesson Preparation Course & Exam
BIBT 635 Church Doctrine: God’s Purpose Course & Examination
CBUS 612 Business Models: Networking/Innovating/Globalizing
LEAD 627 Leadership & Reconciliation Course & Examination
BIBT 630 Great Discovery: Purpose, Vision and Success Course & Exam
BIBT 625 Theological Design for Transformative Ministry Course & Exam
REQUIREMENTS FOR PH.D. DISSERTATION 2022-2023