The Master of Science in Practical Ministry equips students for teaching ministries in churches, Bible institutes and other ministry settings. This graduate program offers several concentrations, each with a unique curriculum.
Careers include Pastoral Ministry, Church Management, Youth Ministry.
What Will You Learn?
- Understand congregational growth and development.
- Skills and knowledge needed to effectively serve in parishes, dioceses or other ministerial settings.
- Prepares students to increase competence and understanding in the Word of God by utilizing basic methods of biblical interpretation.
- Understand old and new testament backgrounds.
- Understand Pastoral counseling
- Church History & Renewal
- Methodical study of Scripture
- Preaching that connects with the congregation.
- Enable students to integrate biblical and theological understanding with practical ministry strategies.
Practical Ministry Curriculum
BIBL 516 Advanced Homiletics Course & Examination
BIBL 518 Advanced Hermeneutics Course & Examination
BIBM 541 Congregational Growth & Development Course & Exam
BIBM 545 Preaching that Connects Course & Examination
CBUS 543 Advanced Business Course & Examination
FIN 537 Financial Management Course & Examination
BIBM 548 Pastoral Counseling Course & Examination
BIBL 523 New Testament Theology Course & Examination
PSYC 523 Psychology: Growing & Developing Course & Examination
LED 579 The Spirit Formed Leader Course & Examination
BIBL 524 Old Testament Theology Course & Examination
BIBL 557 Church History & Renewal Course & Examination